Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ronnie Liu do something about the street lights along Jalan Pelabuhan Utara

The last time I checked, Ronnie Liu is the ADUN for Selat Klang which pretty much covers that part of Port Klang that I'm complaining about. Yes, this is a complaint. And, I believe I am expressing what everyone who has the misfortune to drive along Jalan Pelabuhan Utara at night has to put up with.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/3053712975_0c77ed9834.jpg?v=0
This is only a representation. Pix from here.

I believe Ronnie Liu is also the Selangor State Exco in charge of local councils. So, he certainly has the power.

I believe that Jalan Pelabuhan Utara falls under the jurisdiction of the State and the Majlis Perbandaran Klang.

Why are key sections of Jalan Pelabuhan Utara between the Northport and West Port not properly lit at night? The street lamps don't work.

To be fair they weren't working when Khir Toyo was Mentri Besar. But, the point is that they still don't work.

All the offices and warehouses in Port Klang pay quit rent to the Selangor State Government and, they pay assessment to the Majlis Perbandaran Klang.

Container trucks race along Jalan Pelabuhan Utara alongside motorcycles. It is a matter of time before many more road fatalities happen along this road at night.

The poor condition of Jalan Pelabuhan Utara makes Malaysia's premier port as great an embarassment as the PKFZ issue.

4 comments:

ben said...

Your post is very timely. Every weekend nights, I've to slowdown during this stretch until I reached KESAS highway.

During the election campaign, he said address him as Yang Berkhidmat if he wins. It's already 15 months since 12th GE and something as simple as this is not rectified. It's time Ronnie (all Pakatan's ADUNs and MPs) walk the talk instead of talk only. I hope that victory has not got into his head behaving like a typical Yang Berhormat.

Incidentally, I've linked your post in his blog and hopefully, I'll see the light at the end tunnel soon.(Jalan Pelabuhan that is)

de minimis said...

Many thanks for the link. Hopefully, the YB will actually have time to look into the matter for the sake of the people using the road.

K L said...

I am a Klangite myself. This stretch is a racing track for the containers trucks. It is scary to drive or walk along this road, even during daytime ! The roads are really badly damaged by the trucks, especially on the bridge above Jln Kem. I think this part is under the jurisdiction of PKR ADUN YB Badrul who has been 'sleeping' ever since he won in 308 election !

Anonymous said...

jkr please act.